Sunday 28 July 2013

Installing the Servos.

I bought the JR 519 and 539 servos to ensure they would fit. They are also a good brand. Fitting the brass collets and grommets was easy after the first servo. Fitting them was easy. The photo clearly shows the location. The rubber grommets are the wrong way round in my photos, and were all reversed. The little lip needs to be against the servo.

I presume the horn was cut in half, as these servos do not come with the ones shown. I cut them in half as shown in the guide. This was done when joining the push rods.

After reading the article in the RCMN magazine, I added the 2 drops of CA glue per hole. This involved removing the servos and making sure the CA glue did not fill the hole. The glue has to cure before putting the screws back in. Failing to do this would make them a permanent fixture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment