Saturday 3 August 2013

Maiden Fight

I spent the morning with Brian, an experienced club member testing the OS Max 46 AX II engine. All went well after checking various items. This included the tank, spinner and propellor settings. The engine ran well and so the next step was taking my Boomerang to our club.

I had assistance from several club members which included checking the balance, transmitter range test and running in the engine. This all went well.

Another experienced club member, Graeme then tested my plane before her maiden flight. After several hours working on my plane, it was finally flying. I still need to adjust the balance as it is slightly nose heavy. My Boomerang was tested by Stephen who has lots of experience with glo engines. It was very rewarding seeing my plane fly for the first time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment